The Ambler Theater presents a short film series dedicated to showcasing the best local filmmakers in the Greater Philadelphia Area. The First Take Shorts Series aims to screen films by filmmakers from all different types of skill levels & backgrounds. Whether you're a first time filmmaker, a student, or a seasoned professional, we want to show your film on the big screen. Our series is always on the lookout for narratives, documentaries, animations, or music videos that display a fresh artistic vision.
The screening for the First Take Shorts Series will take place at The Ambler Theater on Wednesday, March 28th 2018 at 7:30pm.
A post screening networking event for filmmakers 21 and over will follow.
Only six (6) to eight (8) films will be accepted into this program, so make sure to send us the best of what you have to offer!
For more info on how to submit your film, as well as rules & guidelines, please scroll below.
Submission Rules & Guidelines
· Films must be no longer than fifteen (15) minutes in length.
· We accept all short form narrative, documentary, & experimental film. As well as animations and music videos.
· Each filmmaker is allowed no more than two (2) films to submit to our series.
· Films must have a local connection, such as cast and/or crew, filming location, or setting.
· We ask that the link you provide in the submission form is either a YouTube or Vimeo link.
· If you're film is password protected, please make sure to provide that in the submission form as well.
· We won't accept any DVD's, Blu-Rays or Flash/Hard Drive submissions.
· If selected, we encourage filmmakers to be present for a short Q&A following the screening.
· Submissions officially close on Sunday, February 18th 2018.
· Filmmakers will be notified by email if they've been selected to participate in our screening.
· Selected films will be officially announced on Thursday, February 22nd through the Ambler Theater and First Take Shorts Series Facebook pages.
· The producers of the First Take Shorts Series reserve the right to not screen any film that can be considered pornographic, or that depicts hard core or graphic sex or violence.
· If you have any questions please email Brendan Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.